When I asked her if I could post this on the blog she said, "Yes! I felt like being creative and I sat down at the piano and started playing!"
Friday, January 5, 2018
Song of the Snow Day
As a way to pass the time on our second snow day in a row, Phoebe composed a short song on the piano today. After playing it several times she announced that she wanted to write it down. We located some blank sheet music paper and then slowly talked through what she was playing on the piano. She automatically played the timing this way, then kept insisting that the right hand was playing whole notes. It took some time to convince her otherwise. We discussed time signatures and measures and lots of other music related items.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bravo Phoebe!
=0)
She did great! Good job Phoebe! Also, hooray for a longer Christmas break, right?
Post a Comment