Thursday, January 11, 2018

Perfect Timing

Phoebe came running into our room at five this morning, crying. We roused enough to ask what was wrong and then to quickly direct her to the bathroom when she said she was going to throw up. Sure enough, within seconds she followed through. Bryan and I both got up to offer help. I was helping Phoebe get into the shower when Bryan stuck his head in the bathroom door to say that Phoebe wouldn't have school today.

Phoebe: Because I threw up?

Bryan: No, because a water main broke at your school and it's closed today, we just got the call.

Pennsylvania has a rather intense absence policy, so we were glad to have today as a freebie. Sophie was thrilled to have her best friend home all day and Phoebe is feeling much better tonight than she was this morning.

While it's sad that she was sick, her timing was impeccable.

No comments: