As always, there were certain talks that really stood out to me. Here are the top seven in no particular order:
- Careful Versus Casual by Becky Craven (Peter and Cooper said this was their favorite too.)
- A Home Where the Spirit of the Lord Dwells by Henry B. Eyring (This talk was a direct answer to prayer.)
- Behold the Lamb of God by Jeffrey R. Holland
- Abound With Blessings by Dale G. Renlund
- "Come, Follow Me" by President Russell M. Nelson
- Exercising Our Spiritual Muscles by Juan Pablo Villar
- Christ: The Light That Shines in Darkness by Sharon L. Eubank
I tried to make that a top five list and couldn't. There were several others talks that I enjoyed and learned from as well. And the music, which is always gorgeous, was stunning. The kids did a great job on Saturday and even shushed each other a few times so they could hear the talks. Sunday was a little rougher, but we made it.
There were a few unexpected moments of humor from things the kids said during Conference. I took notes.
Sophie: What's his name?
Me: President Eyring.
Sophie: President Irony? He's my favorite.
"Wow, he's young".-Peter, looking at Ryan Murphy, the Associate Music Director of The Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square.
"Does he even age?!" -Cooper, right after Peter.
Me: President Eyring.
Sophie: President Irony? He's my favorite.
"Wow, he's young".-Peter, looking at Ryan Murphy, the Associate Music Director of The Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square.
"Does he even age?!" -Cooper, right after Peter.
"Key change!" -Sophie, every time there was a key change in any of the songs.
"I don't have a wife. What should I do about that?" -Cooper, after hearing President Nelson talk about Priesthood holders treating their wives well.
"I don't have a wife. What should I do about that?" -Cooper, after hearing President Nelson talk about Priesthood holders treating their wives well.
I'm so thankful for General Conference. I love the spiritual uplift it gives and the peace it brings into our home.
3 comments:
Were you guys able to spot Oliver in the choir during the Priesthood session?
Oh man, I had no idea, we totally would have watched for him if we'd known.
Some of the same talks stood out to us too, and I love the funny snippets from the kids. I'll have to share the choir-related ones with the choir 😊
Post a Comment