Sophie missed two days of school last week because of a fever. It wasn't until Friday afternoon when she said her throat hurt that I looked at it. Her tonsils were enormous. I called our doctor and got the last appointment available. The good news is that it wasn't strep throat. The bad news is that it was the flu.
The doctor gave her Tamiflu and offered a prophylactic dose for the rest of us. I said yes. The hardest part about this arrangement is that it "tastes like moldy bananas" according to Sophie and Cooper literally threw up yesterday while trying to take it. Serving it in chocolate milk tonight didn't help at all. But, so far, most of us are still healthy.
Except for Topher. Because if there's something to be caught, Topher is going to catch it. We suspect he had it before Sophie, but his symptoms overlapped with the case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth he was getting over. The poor kid hasn't been to church since October.
Sophie felt well enough today that she went back to school. Topher, on the other hand, fell asleep taking the kids to the bus stop in the morning, a full three hours earlier than he's supposed to nap. He woke up when we got home, but was asleep on my shoulder a few minutes later.
We had had a really rough night last night, so I was extremely worn out. We both ended up taking a four-hour nap and didn't wake up until noon. Topher felt significantly better after that. So did I.
I'm hoping he gets better quickly and that we can stop the germs from spreading to the rest of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment