A few final thoughts about General Conference occurred to me after I published my post on Friday. One was about Peter. Of all the kids, he used his Conference Notebook the least. At first I was a little bummed by this. After all, it's a fun tradition that we have. Instead of coloring the squares in his Conference Bingo, he would put a little x in each square, and he really didn't touch any of the other pages. But then I realized why he wasn't using it. He was focused on the speakers. He even asked the younger kids to be quiet so he could hear. He wasn't taking notes, but he did appear to be making mental notes. I was surprised by his maturity and focus.
The other thing that stood out to me about Conference was that the leaders of the church wore masks and practiced social distancing. There were several wide shots that showed their chairs spread out, masks on the participants. We have so few people in our area, including in our church congregation, that wear masks around other people. As I watched the example of the church leaders I kept having the thought, "We should be following the prophet. Why aren't we following the prophet?"
No comments:
Post a Comment