Monday, January 26, 2009

My Grandma is Cooler Than Your Grandma


My Grandma Bonnie at Adham-Ondi-Ahman in 2007.
No offense, your grandma might be really fun, but mine is cooler. Need proof?
  1. My Grandma writes. She's been keeping a journal, writing poems and short stories for years. Last year she started a blog. That's right, my grandma has a blog. You should read it. Here.
  2. My grandma has always been an athlete. Sadly, none of her skills passed on to me, but we're hoping that the boys get something. Anyway, she taught PE and coached for 30 years. She's still active. Not only does she go to the gym, but she also plays ping-pong with (and beats) the missionaries that live in the apartment behind her house.
  3. She stays active in another way: she has a Wii. And she plays it. And she invites her friends over and they play the Wii too. What's more, she's good. Apparently she's a formidable tennis opponent.
  4. In 2007 she and my sister decided on a Thursday to take a road trip. They left the following Monday. They started in southern California, went all the way up to Maine, down to Georgia, stopped at a number of church history sites, drove through Manhattan (which was crazy), visited National Parks, and monuments, and even stayed with me for two weeks. My grandma road tripped across the whole country! I think that's awesome.
  5. Speaking of traveling, she leaves for a mini-cruise today. She travels by land and by sea.
I could go on and talk about her paintings, her cooking, her mad thrift-store-shopping skills, but I'll end by saying that the best thing about my grandma is how much she loves her family.

4 comments:

Shari said...

She's an awesome writer and has such fun adventures to share. You should should be tickled to have such a cool grandma!

Bryan said...

I agree!

GCC said...

I read the Ms. Kitty post on your grandma's blog, and I LOVED it. We had a great time hanging out with you guys this weekend! Let's plan another one soon!!

Crystal said...

Your right, she is awesome!