Here's a funny coincidence, I don't care for snow, but one of my favorite Christmas movies is White Christmas. It's not the winter weather that I love about the movie, it's the music (and Danny Kaye, of course). And really, I want to focus on counting my blessings this year instead of worrying about who's getting what under the tree.
I'm making a goal for this Christmas season:
I will spend more time focusing on the Savior and my family, the greatest blessings I have, than I will shopping for gifts that people probably don't really want anyway.
How do you keep your focus on the Savior during Christmas?
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is my all time favorite movie. Notice I didn't even qualify that by calling it a Christmas movie? I will put that movie on any time of year that I need uplifting. I foresee a showing today, now that I read your blog!
We're also concentrating on the spiritual rather than the physical this year. It was spurred on by not having much in the way of money right now, but we've embraced it and it's a good thing. Gifts that we give are going to be hand made (stockings, cookies, etc.). One thing that my mom did with us, when we were young, was to bake a birthday cake for Jesus. And, we always read the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke and sometimes from the Book of Mormon before opening any presents. Those things I plan on doing as soon as Noah is old enough. I'm still trying to come up with ideas to keep the Savior in our minds, so I'll look forward to any other comments you get!
Post a Comment