A few months ago our Bishopric made the announcement that they loved to see our faces at church, but they didn't want our germs, so, in case of illness, would we please stay home. Two weeks ago our Relief Society President made a similar plea, in part because we have families in our ward that have decided it would be better to stay away from church until flu season is over rather than be around all those sick people that drag themselves to church, no matter what.
Yesterday we did our part to stop the spreading of germs. The boys had been showing signs of not feeling so great for most of Saturday, but I didn't think it was anything major. Then Peter woke up at 11:40 on Saturday night and said he felt funny. Boy, did he ever. I will spare you the details, just know that clothing changes for both Peter and myself were necessary after clean-up was complete.
And on that happy note, we decided he should stay home from church.
The rest of us woke-up in a less than awesome state on Sunday. I really wanted to feel better because the choir was singing a beautiful song in Sacrament meeting and I wanted to be there for it. But alas, such was not to be.
A funny thing about Bryan when he's sick: once he gets enough energy, he starts to clean. I do this to a certain extent as well, but Bryan led the movement yesterday. Yes, I know it was Sunday, but Bryan pointed out that maybe something in our house was making us sick (we did discover a container of shockingly pungent broccoli lurking in the back of our fridge) and maybe we would start to feel better if we got rid of the culprit. I couldn't argue with that logic.
So, Bryan and I sifted through stacks of old mail and evaluated the contents of the refrigerator. Our two-hour cleaning jag was interrupted with brief rests so we wouldn't pass-out. (I've never actually passed-out, but I have come close, and I don't love it.) By the time we slumped into our chairs at the dinner table our house was much cleaner.
I hope we feel better today. And if we don't at least we can be sick in a clean house.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have read your blog and I approve this message.
I HATE that people refuse to stay home when sick. Not just from church, but from work, the library, etc. Seriously people, it's not that hard.
Props to you for keeping your germs at home!
Being sick is no fun (even if it's proving to be productive for you -- you rock) ... get well soon!
I've heard of that being said in lots of wards out there. My 2 sister-in-laws (both in Orem) were asked to have their baby blessings at home as not to bring children so young to church too. Here in CO nobody seems to be worried. Hmmm....
Post a Comment