Amanda asked how I was able to keep our upcoming addition a secret for so long. Well, we told our parents right away, which was just after Christmas. I told my siblings too, but we opted to wait a few days to share the news with Bryan's siblings, mostly because that was the week that his sister got married. We didn't want to pull a "You're getting married? Well we're having a baby! HA!" kind of thing. We told them after the wedding.
As far as telling others, I told a few people in person starting right around twelve weeks, then I had grand intentions of telling a few of my old roommates in person before posting it on here. But I kept getting distracted and never actually did that. (Sorry roommates, I hope you forgive me.) Finally, I realized that I was almost half-way through and should say something soon because eventually somebody who knew would say something in a comment about it, and then I'd have lost the element of surprise.
I do like the element of surprise.
I still haven't said anything about it on Facebook, which, as I read in a status today, means that it's not really official. Yeah, my pants don't fit anymore, it's official.
Also, she commented that this summer was going to be extra hot for me. Here's something funny about me: when I'm pregnant I get really, really cold. I've been surviving the winter wrapped in hoodies and blankets. Seriously. If I have to get up during the night (no no, not if, when) I shiver almost uncontrollably until I get back under the covers.
During the whole first trimester I would sit in Relief Society wrapped in my big, warm pea coat (I mean, my sister's big, warm pea coat, thanks Paige!) praying that I'd maintain enough body heat to keep my teeth from chattering. This was while my friend, who has since had her baby, would be wearing no coat and fanning herself to stay cool.
Summer is looking really good right now. Maybe I'll finally be warm.
Any other questions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment