Busy. Very, very busy.
So busy, in fact, that Bryan and I are staying up late tonight to try to finish everything that needs to be done before Saturday. Yes, it's currently 11:45 pm and I'm taking a break to eat a bowl of cereal before jumping back in.
You may wonder (or not wonder. But if not, why are you reading my blog?), "Why are you so busy? Haven't you been done with your Christmas shopping for weeks?"
Yes. And no.
We were done shopping for our little family. We knew my brother and his family were coming from Hawaii and I only had my nephew left to shop for. And then my Grandma passed away and plans changed. My parents, my other Grandma, my sister, and my youngest brother all came to stay at my house for the funeral and decided to stay for Christmas. It's wonderful, but it has made Christmas slightly more intense.
Because I hadn't been planning to see them on Christmas day, I didn't have presents for them. We usually call and wish people a Merry Christmas instead of sending gifts. That doesn't sound very nice, does it? I like it though. It's less stressful. Since we're all together, we've been trying to make sure that everyone has something to open on Christmas morning. Because there are so many people (fourteen) our Christmas tree looks like it's being eaten by red and green tissue paper.
It's mildly overwhelming.
2 comments:
I like your idea of a phone call as a gift for Christmas. Totally less stressful and appropriate. How fun is it to give the gift of time and remembering on Christmas. Good luck with getting everything ready! I might just have to borrow that idea for next year. Merry Christmas!
A phone call or a Merry Christmas message wish on your blog works out well too. Merry Christmas to all the wonderful people at your house this season. May your day be filled with all the Christmas excitement you can handle and a nap. Love you guys!
Post a Comment