Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Here We Go-Go-Go-Go on an Adventure!

A year and a half ago I wrote about waiting. One of the things I was waiting for started today.

Yesterday was Bryan's last day at his job. Today is his first day at orientation for the MBA program at BYU. He's studying Marketing and will be in the program for two years. He actually was accepted for last fall, but after much prayer he decided to defer for a year. He was concerned that starting Graduate School the same week Phoebe was due wasn't a great idea. I think he was right.

Back in February we decided we wanted to live by BYU to cut down on Bryan's commute. I've been looking for an apartment or a condo or a house since then. We've seen many scary places and at least one really nice place, but nothing that was right for our family. Part of the reason the blog has been heavy on pictures and light on words recently is that I've been spending so much time looking for our next residence.

Peter starts school in two weeks, which means we have a week and a half to find a place and move. If we haven't found anything by then, I think we'll have to stay where we are and hope that Bryan doesn't mind spending more time in the car driving to and from school. I don't want to start Peter in Kindergarten and then pull him out because we finally found a place to live. And, unlike our last two moves, this one would be by choice, not because we've been told we have to go.

I'm really excited for this adventure we're undertaking. Peter thinks it's awesome that he and his dad are starting school at the same time. I think it's pretty cool too.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That all definitely sounds like an adventure! Could luck on the housing search; I hope something wonderful comes up (but if not, I'm glad you have a satisfactory back-up plan!)

Cristin said...

Hey, you could always live in Wymount!!