I have a dilemma.
Peter came home from school yesterday with a cough. An awful cough. He spent most of the night hacking, which woke him up several times. Usually I would keep him home from school and let him recover.
Here's the catch: he's not acting sick. I woke up to both boys tearing through the house at 6:30 this morning. Peter is his usual energetic self, just with a cough for added awesomeness. Because his behavior hasn't been affected, I'm not going to take him to the doctor. Because I don't think he's sick enough to go to the doctor, does that mean he's well enough to go to school? And I have a meeting while he's at school, so I would either have to cancel it or take him with me and have him cough in the corner of the office.
The last part of my conundrum is exposure. I don't want to get the other kids sick, so keeping him home sounds like a good choice. But I talked to Peter's teacher last night and found out she has bronchitis and only came to school because she had Parent/Teacher Conference afterward. She was clearly not feeling well and hadn't been for some time. So that means that Peter along with his twenty-eight classmates have already been exposed to the bug.
What would you do? Would you send him? Or would you keep him home?
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Obviously I don't have kids, but all I know is that here at school, if one person gets sick, it spreads like wildfire.
I kept him home.
I figured since the teacher was already sick, that all the kids had a good chance of getting sick too.
The reason he didn't go was that his symptoms got worse. He sounded pretty miserable this morning.
Post a Comment