Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Internal Calendar Is Broken

I was at a meeting last night when I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to return a key that I had borrowed. The key was due by 10 AM Monday morning. "I can't believe I forgot that!" I thought. Which was followed closely by "I'll return it tomorrow morning and at least it will only be a day late."

And then I realized it was Tuesday night, not Monday night.

Peter and Phoebe have had croup for the last five days. Prior to my meeting the last time I had left my house was when Cooper and I went to church (while Bryan stayed home and took care of sick children). Wow, I knew the days had run together, but that's a whole new level of mommy brain.

I returned the key this morning. The receptionist was very nice about the whole thing, especially when I mentioned having sick kids and not knowing what day it was.

The kids are feeling well enough that I plan on sending Peter to school tomorrow. Which is Thursday. Right?

No comments: