Friday, January 4, 2013

Star Light, Star Bright

I've been working for a few months on Phoebe's name song. It would have fit into the rhythm of Cooper's song, but I wanted them to each have their own ditty for remembering how to spell their names. Then one day I started to sing "I Am Like a Star" to Phoebe and Cooper. I told Phoebe that her name means bright and shining, just like a star. Then I replaced the "I am" in the first line with Phoebe, and lightening struck my brain.

Today during lunch I finalized the words.

Phoebe is a star shining brightly,
Spell it P-H-O-E-B-E.
Phoebe is my friend,
Spell it once again,
Yes spell it P-H-O-E-B-E.

The song is simple and her name isn't spelled as many times as Cooper's or Peter's, but it fits nicely, and I love the reference to the meaning.

2 comments:

Seriously... said...

that is cute. i do "birthday songs" for each of the kids to various starwars tunes. Still need to come up with Audrey's. I think i will go listen to the princess lea theme song right now...

Crystal said...

Very clever indeed!
=)