Tonight while we were getting the kids ready for bed, I overheard Phoebe as she chatted away on her play phone. The side of the conversation that I heard went something like this, "Oh Ashley (laughter), I know! her baby sister. Ashley's baby sister. Yeah, I know. Oh, hold on a sec, 'kay? Okay, bye Ashley, I'll talk to you later."
I asked later who she was talking to. Ashley, of course. Except, the only Ashley she knows is her cousin who lives in Iowa, and that Ashley doesn't have a baby sister. Perhaps she is having a pretend conversation with her cousin. Or maybe she has an imaginary friend, a girl that she can giggle with on the phone and probably wouldn't tackle her just for fun (like a few big brothers I can think of).
I probed for details about Ashley and I only got one: she lives at Costco. That sounds like a fantasy indeed.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so cute. Cat was about this age when she had an imaginary friend. Before we knew Jack was a boy, Cat recommended we name him after her "friend" Alice.
I think my favorite part is that Ashley lives at Costco. She would certainly eat well!
Post a Comment