Once in the car, Phoebe confirmed Cooper's report. "There was a boy that said he wanted me to be his girlfriend. But I said I can't, because he lives in Pennsylvania and I live in New Jersey."
I took this opportunity to explain that geography was not the only reason she couldn't be his girlfriend. The fact that she's four-years-old and not old enough to have a boyfriend made sense to her.
I related the incident to Bryan when he got home from work. "Don't worry," I said as I concluded, "I told her she can't have a boyfriend until she's sixteen."
Bryan looked at me, startled. Then he turned to Phoebe, "You can have a boyfriend when you're twenty-three, after your mission."
Should I remind him that I was twenty-one when we got married? Perhaps I'll let it go and chalk it up to his desire to keep his little girl safe.
1 comment:
Phoebe could do both, go on a mission (@ 19yrs old) and get married @ 21yrs old.
Post a Comment