Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Colorful Adventure

Sophie, Grandma Bonnie, and I had an adventure today while the others were at work and school. We explored the Crayola Experience. It's been so long since I had only one child with me at something like this, it was both relaxing and disconcerting. I kept thinking I should be counting and keeping track of all four kids instead of one. Aside from my mental discombobulation, we had fun.

Since we went during school hours, we basically had our run of the place. There were a few school groups there, but none of the exhibits were crowded. Sophie loved the colorful playground and would have stayed much longer if she'd had the opportunity.



Sophie wasn't always in the mood to take pictures.



She loved this interactive, projected game. Whenever she walked away the crayons went to sleep, which would then prompt her to go running back to them yelling, "Wake up!" She's got lots of practice since she sometimes wakes the kids up for school in the morning.


Every time she stepped on the popcorn kernels the image would change into popped popcorn.


We stopped by the gift shop on our way out and found all three of the boys in our family represented in magnet form. Sadly, there was no name-branded love for the girls.



We got back from our outing just in time to whisk the big kids off to piano, thus giving Sophie a nice long chance to nap in the car in the late afternoon.

No comments: