Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Second Strike

Well, round two of whatever this weird virus is hit on Saturday. I went to a fun morning of painting with friends, got home around lunch, and crashed on the couch. Bryan could tell I was down for the count and took care of pretty much everything for the rest of the day, which I greatly appreciated. He had been afflicted by the same thing a few days before, so I think he had extra helpings of pity for me.

After resting for a few hours I decided I had enough energy to look for something in the library. The walk from the great room to the library, which are within sight of each other, took all the strength I had. I was worried I would need to cancel singing in church the next day, that's how terrible I felt. I finally made myself go to bed and hoped for the best.

On Sunday I woke up feeling surprisingly good. I had energy and a voice and I carried on with the day as planned thinking the sickness had run its course. After church, as I was climbing into the van, I could almost feel the get up and go drain out of me. We made it to bedtime (after a super dinner of breakfast cereal) and, while Bryan stayed up to help Cooper finish a big project for school, I curled up in bed feeling lousy.

The biggest symptom appears to be exhaustion, though I now also have the sniffles, itchy ears, and a slightly sore throat. This is a strange bug. I'm hoping that my excessive napping (which Sophie loves because it means she gets screen time) drives the illness away. Or at least that I get another reprieve on Thursday so I can sing again...

1 comment:

Beth said...

I hope you are feeling better!!