This plan requires me to point out when several of them are talking to me at once, something they seem not to notice. At one point today I had to assign an order for who spoke when, so I could give each one attention. I guess that means this plan is giving them opportunities to develop patience. It also means that I'm not taking as many pictures. This is an unintended side effect, but not having my phone out means it's not always close enough to grab. It also means I'm trying to interact with them face to face instead of face to camera lens.
And since I've been putting my phone down more, the kids have been taking advantage of having access to a camera. In the last two days, Miss Sophie has taken one hundred and fifteen selfies, all while I was busy being present and listening to one of the other kids. These two are my favorites.


1 comment:
I love these laugh-out-loud posts!
=0)
Post a Comment