This is the first year since we moved away from Utah that we've gone this far without a snow day from school. Snow has fallen, and some of it has even stuck, but not on a school day. Now, I don't mind going without all that snow and am happy to have the rain that we've gotten instead.
However, I've discovered that I do miss the snow days. I miss the chance to stay indoors and bake and watch movies and play games and maybe even sleep in. Our school district has so few days off that I've come to rely on the snow days to break up the year.
On the bright side, because we've had no snow days the kids have already had their 100th day of school. Part of Sophie's homework for last week was to bring in something that had 100 components to display in their classroom 100 Museum. She asked if we could glue 100 of items to a shirt. I thought of the button collection that Bryan's mom gifted us a while ago. Sophie liked the idea and selected the buttons. I wielded the hot glue gun, but since parents were supposed to assist with this project, I figured that was fine.
We think it turned out pretty well.
Phoebe didn't have to bring anything in, but she decided to make a necklace with 100 tiny beads. In the end, only one other kid in her class brought something in, so it was good that Phoebe had made the necklace so her classmate wasn't alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Great projects! Very interesting buttons and I love the tiny beads too.
=0)
What creative ideas! Great job girls 😊
Post a Comment