Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The Important Stuff

Topher has been learning to say prayers. He folds his arms and bows his head and sweetly repeats the words we say. We started with blessings on the food, then moved to personal prayers and family prayers. It makes my heart happy to hear his little voice speak to Heavenly Father.

It didn't take Topher long to realize that he can choose to say different words than those we're prompting him to say. In fact, I've discovered something that's very important to Topher while listening to him pray. This is an excerpt from his personal prayer last night:

Me: Thank Thee.

Topher: Thank Thee.

Me: For my family.

Topher: Famy.

Me: And for this day.

Topher: And food. (as I open my mouth to say something else) And FOOD.

Me: Please help me.

Topher: Pease hep me.

Me: To sleep.

Topher: To seep.

Me: And be safe.

Topher: Food. Stomach.

I promise he ate a big dinner, so he wasn't hungry...

No comments: