Monday, June 15, 2020

More Than a Trim

Sophie has been asking me to cut her hair for several weeks. I've trimmed the girls' hair and I feel confident doing that, but she wanted several inches removed. I wasn't really comfortable with that idea and was genuinely concerned that I would do a hack job on her hair. I know, hair grows back, but my kids have long memories and would not let me forget if something like that happened.

So I stalled. We couldn't cut her hair until after her dance recital, that was a legit reason for me to not play salon. Then I pointed out that I didn't really know how to cut her hair and would need time to learn. She asked everyday of the week after her recital if I had learned how yet.

I took my lack of education to YouTube University. After watching a handful of videos, I was hesitantly willing. On Saturday afternoon I got to work.








She is, thankfully, a happy customer.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow! You did a great job, but most importantly Sophie is pleased.
=0)

Brett M said...

Great job!