Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Banishers

This summer I've asked the kids to add two new items to their daily charts: learn about an interest and develop a talent. Phoebe has been writing stories for one of her talents. This is a prologue she wrote last week, she's still working on the story that goes with it. I'm sharing it with her permission. I've left the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation as she wrote it.

The Banishers Gathered in Castle Rowshek’s Dungeon, there was silence for a while Until The Elder One Spoke

“ I know what must be done,” She said

“ She is getting too power hungry.” said Another. 

 A voice said “so, what are you going to do?” The Banishers looked Around.

“Is That You Endora?” The Eldest One asked.

“Why I suppose it Is.” And with that she attacked.

 In between the flashes of Blinding Light you could see everything, the hardships and trials, the glory and honor, the losses and pains, the awe of a young child learning, The wisdom of a person well past their youth. Everything. And then, There was nothing. Where castle Rowshek once stood there was a forest clearing. No evidence that it existed or that it ever had. If you had watched very carefully you would have seen a glint. And if you had looked closer you would have seen that it was a mirror


5 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, Phoebe! I love the imagery. You are developing a wonderful talent.

Crystal said...

I'm interested! When do I get to the rest of the story?
=0)

Marc R. said...

I want to know what is up with the mirror.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I want to buy the book!!!

Phoebe said...

Thanks! I am going to try to work on some of it every day, so I don't know when it will be finished. The deal with the mirror is a secret! And once it is done I could send you guys a copy!