I wonder if that's how Heavenly Father sees us, our past and present and future added in, all rolled into one complete picture of who we are.
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
The Big Picture
Here's something that I think is amazing: I can have a conversation with Peter and see his nearly 6'2" frame that almost outweighs me and hear his deep, close-to-adult sounding voice, while simultaneously seeing newborn Peter taking in the world around him, and fifteen-month-old Peter when he was sick and only wanted me to hold him, and three-year-old Peter who always had a silly joke to share, and five-year-old Peter who was continually creating scenes out of paper and crayons, and nine-year-old Peter who was so insecure and aware that he was different from the other kids at school and wanted to talk out those feelings with me long past bedtime. I can see him in all of these stages, remember experiencing them with him, and yet still be aware of this moment that we're in now.
Labels:
boy,
brain dump,
changes,
kids,
memory,
motherhood,
observation,
parenting,
Peter,
pondering,
spiritual,
themom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
I enjoyed reading this. Also, I had no idea that Peter was so tall.
Post a Comment