Friday, January 29, 2021

A Man in a Suit

Topher inherited a onesie swimsuit and has worn it for water play exactly once. It is now definitely too small. I've been meaning to go through his drawers and pull out the items he's outgrown, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. That means that he asks every few weeks to wear the swimsuit. I redirect him to wear something else and we carry on with the day.

Except for yesterday.

Yesterday I told him to pick something out, then I walked into the bathroom to throw something away. When I came out, not only had he picked the swimsuit out, he had also started putting it on. Well, okay. I helped him put it all the way on, and added pants since it's a little too cold for short shorts. He wore the hood up throughout the day and ran around being a superhero.

The best part? He can't remember that it's called a swimsuit. Instead he says, "I want to wear my suitcase."

No comments: