Today is hard.
Not with the kids, it was a pretty good day for them.
It's hard for our nation.
I've felt for a long time like parts of the system were broken, and tonight I am feeling that sadness deep in my soul. Bryan and I followed what happened in Washington D.C. today closely. We talked with the kids about it during dinner. We talked about political parties and domestic terrorism and what a peaceful transition of power should look like. After the kids went to bed Bryan and I read reactions from people we know and love of both extremes posted on Facebook.
And my heart hurts.
1 comment:
I don’t know where this note belongs. My heart aches. I supported Republicans for President since my first vote for Nixon in 1972. I was disappointed learning the life lesson that not all elected officials nor those that advise are honest. I take bitter comfort that he at least resigned before being tossed out. I thought that Trump would be a change, a businessman instead of a lifetime politician. However, as I got to know him, I was more and more disillusioned. He was causing more damage than his predecessor. As the election approached it got worse. A leader can define a nation, and can define a political party. He changed the tone of the GOP from a careful, deliberate, Constitution supporting organization of responsible, thoughtful, and caring leaders. The new organization was demanding, selfish, contrary, disrespectful, and seemed to pick and choose the parts of the founding document they liked, ignoring the rest. The events of January 6 are the natural result of a narcissist who is looking for personal gain and many blind followers joining a personality cult. Many have said is a lie is repeated often enough it will be believed. We have seen that come to pass. When many great, honest, and respected leaders turned their back on him, that was a warning. I have more to say, and other things that contributed to the situation. This is why there are so many warnings about kings and leaders in the Book of Mormon. Can we see that when they go wrong?
Post a Comment