Wednesday, January 27, 2021

In Hot Water

Yesterday's big adventure began when Phoebe turned from her desk in the basement to the adjacent exercise area to attend her PE class. That's when she saw water on the basement floor. The water happened to be surrounding the water heater. She alerted Bryan and he reached out to the landlord. 


I learned about it when I finished putting Topher down for a nap. The repair technician would arrive between 3 and 5, except that they finished a previous call early and we had about fifteen minutes notice to grab lunches and laptops and school supplies and head to the top floor, away from people not inside our bubble.

Guess who got a new water heater today?

I was surprised that they took care of it right away. A second technician was called to help and, all things considered, the job was done relatively quickly. The kids and I hung out upstairs for about five hours while Bryan continued to work in the basement and supervise. And good news, unlike the AC repairman in the summer, these guys kept their masks on the whole time. When they left, busted water heater in tow, Bryan sanitized and we emerged from our seclusion.

Hot water is a luxury I'm quite thankful for.

No comments: