Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Flower, Gleam and Glow

A few weeks ago Bryan and I were making a plan for our yard. We have a lot of bushes in front of our house, so many that they're not all visible because they're hidden by other plants. We're trying to thin the herd so we can enjoy what's there. We had decided that we would cut down two large bushes the next Saturday we worked in the yard.

When the work day came, we focused our attention on picking up rocks and laying out a path down our front lawn. We ran out of time and left the bushes for a later date.

Shortly after that I noticed what looked like tiny buds forming on the bushes. We'd never seen flowers on them, so this was surprising. I decided I would spare the plants and see if anything came of those buds.

The buds grew larger, then last week they started to bloom.

They're gorgeous.

We suspect these are azaleas. Today I'm thankful that I didn't have time to cut down these bushes, we would have missed out on the highlight of their beauty.

1 comment:

Shari said...

What a beautiful surprise.