Monday, July 22, 2024

A Step On the Path

My nephew Legend was baptized yesterday and we were able to attend! 

Sophie sang a musical number and I was asked to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. Legend's grandma on his mom's side gave a talk on baptism first and had visual aids of a path with footsteps she'd prepared. When she finished her prepared remarks she whispered to me that there were a few footstep cutouts left if I wanted to use them. I incorporated them into what I had prepared and we suddenly looked like we were really well coordinated. I was so happy I could participate in Legend's special day.


On a related note, yesterday I learned that I've been saying the word persevere wrong my entire life. I spelled it on the board the way I have been saying it: perservere. Whoops.


Legend, we love you and we're so happy you chose to be baptized!

No comments: