Thursday, July 4, 2024

We the People

Happy Independence Day! We celebrated by attending a pancake breakfast and pickleball tournament with our old congregation. All the families that were moved out of the ward were invited and most of us showed up. We didn't play pickleball, but Sophie and Phoebe were in the 3-legged race. Topher was in the race for the younger kids, but I didn't get a picture of that one.


Topher, Sophie, and Cooper took part in the doughnut eating contest. Sophie won for the younger group! Her prize was a $5 gift card. Cooper came close to winning and also close to throwing up.


Peter, Phoebe, and I spent the whole time (I think we were there nearly three hours) talking with friends. Topher ran around with all the kids and played so hard that he wore a hole in his sock. That's what happens when you take your shoes off but leave your socks on.


We came home and had some quiet time. Sophie and I got a fun dinner ready and we ate pretty late. We had a thunderstorm just as the sun was setting, so the only fireworks we got were the ones Topher drew on the deck while we cooked.

The best part of the holiday came near the end of dinner. Bryan has been in London for work since early Monday morning and he came home tonight! Managing the kids without him is not the same kind of difficult it was when they were little, but I was still extremely happy to have him walk in the house tonight.

No comments: