Falisha and I were driving buddies and Bryan and Peter were a pair. I started by driving the giant rental car (a Ford Expedition Max) and switched to being a passenger in the Corolla (the college kid car and the reason for our trip to San Diego) in Baker.
While it was just me and Falisha in the little car, we had many great discussions. When we were in the big car with the kids, we listened to Hamilton. We also sang along. And it was all very loud and lively. We switched back to the big car in St. George when we stopped for dinner.
We stopped a little bit later to switch again, but I don't remember where. Poor Falisha had to drive through an impressive rain storm. I thought for sure we would reach a point of weariness and decide to stop for the night. We were definitely tired, but to my great surprise we pushed through and arrived at Bryan's parents' house around 2:30 in the morning.
We were so incredibly exhausted. We hauled our bags in, claimed our beds, and fell into them. I didn't change or brush my teeth or anything. I just slept.
Thankfully they have church at noon, so we were able to sleep and still be mostly ready for church on time. For those that weren't quite ready, being within walking distance of the church helped quite a bit.





No comments:
Post a Comment