Friday, August 16, 2024

One Sweet Day

Some of our friends have annual passes to Hersheypark. They invited us to join them and offered to share their guest passes with us. Unfortunately, Bryan had to work, but the rest of us took them up on their generosity. We got there when it opened and stayed nearly an hour past closing time.


Once we found our friends we split into two groups, big kids and little kids/parents.


Topher loved getting to hang out with his friend Violet all day.


Topher told me that he would hold Violet's hand so she wouldn't be scared on the slightly bigger rides. I didn't point out that Violet is a daredevil and would be fine. Rather, I appreciated his sweet gesture.



Sophie split her time between the younger group and the older group. When she was with the younger kids she got to spend time with her friend Lily.


Gillian did a good job leading the big kids to all the rides they wanted to go on.


Meredith (Gillian, Lily, and Violet's mom) does not like rides that spin. I love them so I got to take Topher and Violet on spinning rides while Meredith happily waited.




During this adventure I learned that Meredith has a secret superpower: she can beat the Whack-a-mole game. She won the first time she played and Violet chose this Kiss as the prize. When Meredith saw how much Topher wanted a prize of his own, she bought another round of the game for everyone and swiftly won again. The two candy themed stuffies had adventures for the remainder of the day thanks to the imaginations of Topher and Violet. Hershey Bar now has a place of honor on Topher's bed.




I had stayed on mostly tame rides all day. Topher and I spent almost an hour in line for a slightly more exciting rollercoaster in the afternoon, but otherwise we leaned toward the little kid rides. At the very end of the night Peter and Gillian helped Meredith take the younger kids on one more ride while I joined Cooper and Phoebe and rode a real rollercoaster. The kids all think it's funny that I'm the rollercoaster parent. I guess they feel like that fits with Bryan's personality more. Nope, that's my job.

It was a great ride.


At the end of the night we walked over to Chocolate World and went on one more ride. It was a Disneyland-esque romp about the making of Hershey's chocolate, complete with singing cows and talking a Hershey's Kiss. Our kids prefer the chocolate that Bryan's company makes, but the ride was fun.


One of the perks of their membership includes pictures from all the rides. Meredith shared these with me. It was fun getting to see how the big kids spent their day.















It was a long, fun day. We're glad we were able to squeeze in this adventure!

No comments: