Tuesday, August 19, 2025

To Be Connected

Topher gave a talk in primary last Sunday. I've been so busy driving kids around, getting them ready for school to start, that I wasn't home to help him. Bryan took over that job this time. He said he and Topher studied the lesson, watched a few church videos, and discussed. This talk was the result. He did a great job delivering it.

Heavenly Father told the Saints to keep journals. In D&C 85, it says the saints should keep a history of the things that happen in the church, how they lived their faith and what they did. Journals are where we write the things that happen to us.

My Mom has a blog that she’s kept for almost 20 years with pictures and stories of us kids and our family. It talks about important times for our family – like when I was born, or went to the hospital – and also about the things we do together. It’s a history of our family and we all like to read it. It is her journal.

Even if we can’t write words, we can keep journals. There’s a poem in the July 2006 Friend that says how:

I can keep a journal,
And I can't even write.
But I can color pictures—
I do it every night.


Special things that happen
And special things we do,
I draw them in my journal.
And you can do it too.

I have my own journal, it's black and white. I draw pictures of things I experience or imagine.

Even if you can't write a lot of words yet, you can still keep a journal like me. When you grow up you can look back and remember all the things that happened when you were little, and share those things with your family.

Heavenly Father told us to keep journals so we can be connected to our families. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

NanaCris said...

Beautiful talk Topher! 🥰