Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Helping Hands

I tried to keep the house clean last week despite being ill. (I think a clean house helps me feel like I'm not a total invalid, although I probably should have rested instead of cleaning.) Over the course of the week a few loads of laundry were folded and put away. I usually fold laundry where ever the boys are playing. On Thursday the back of the couch housed our folded clothes because the boys were playing in the living room.

I had just folded two kitchen towels when Peter called from another room for help. Instead of putting the towels on the back of the couch to keep them folded and out of the reach of small hands, I just laid them on the seat.

On my way back in from helping Peter I met Cooper toddling out of the living room, folded towels in hand.

Me: Cooper, may I have those towels please?

Cooper: (Shakes his head no and holds the towels closer to his person.)

Me: Oh. Did you want to put them away yourself?

Cooper: (Nods his head yes and grins.)

Me: (Moving out of his way) Okay. Go ahead.

And then I followed him into the kitchen where he walked to the correct drawer, opened it, and stuffed in the now somewhat-wrinkled-but-nonetheless-put-away towels.

I love having a helper.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love how you are training the boys at such a young age.