When it comes to cereal, I'm a grown up. I buy the non-sugary varieties. They're actually my favorite. Cheerios, Chex, Kix. When I feel like something sweet I go for Special K Red Berries or the wildly unhealthy granola.
Peter, Cooper, and Bryan are all fans of fun cereal. Chocolate? Nice. Bright colors. Excellent. Marshmallows? Even better. When I find a good cereal sale I stock up, mostly on the healthy stuff, but I do throw in a few boxes of the sugar-shock stuff.
Our latest cereal additions are Honey Bunches of Oats (a fun cereal for me), a box of Fruity Pebbles, and a box of Cocoa Pebbles. The Cocoa Pebbles are much more popular than the Fruity Pebbles, although Peter and Cooper have figured out a way to get rid of both. I often mix my cereals together, especially when there's just a little bit left of each. I guess that's where they got the idea. They've been mixing the two varieties of Pebbles together.
However, Peter doesn't ask for each cereal by their individual names. No. He, like William Shakespeare, likes to coin words. He's made up a word to describe this colorful, cocoa, fruity breakfast concoction:
Froclate.
As in:
Me: Peter what do you want for breakfast?
Peter: Froclate Pebbles.
I think it's kind of awesome.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I expect to see boxesof "Froclate"
cereal on grocery shelves soon.
Thanks to Peter.
Post a Comment