Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seeing Pink

When I tell people I'm having a girl one of the first things they ask is if I'm excited to get to dress a little girl.

Um...

Truth be told, I really like little boy clothes. I like solid, bold colors, and those are easy to find in boy clothes. Not so much in girl clothes. Also, I don't really accessorize myself, the thought of ribbons and bows and headbands and barrettes and bracelets is slightly overwhelming.

And then there's the whole pink thing. Pink is all over baby girl clothes, did you know? I'm working really hard though to overcome my extreme pink aversion. Bryan has told me, "It's okay for little girls to wear pink." That's probably true.

I have proof that I'm trying. The boys and I bought our first baby girl clothes last week.




It's true, none of them are solid pink, but they all have pink accents.

I think that's progress.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Well you aren't the only one that way. I tend to avoid all pink like the plague. If you haven't noticed we have lots of purple, green, blue, white, yellow and a lot less pink. The pink is usually given to me or Arnold gets it. :)

So I love the outfits you got and say good job on not over pinking your little girl! :) Cute can happen without all pink! ;)

Oh, and my sister makes bows and stuff and has made me a ton and I've actually found it's super fun to put them on her! It really surprised me because you know how much I accessorize. I'm probably about the same level as you. So it might be surprisingly fun. If not Bryan might start doing it for you. ;) I know Arnold does on days I forget.

Little girls melt their fathers hearts!

Miss you!

The Stells! said...

Abby has that first outfit! :) Its not too hard to find not all pink :) we have a lot of not pink tend to hate the all pink outfits too...and i agree with Mandi never thought i would do bows and what not but oh its so fun to put them on my girls!! They are so easy to make too!!

Emily said...

Ooh those outfits are cute! My little girl ends up in purples and greens and blues. As for accessories, she never leaves them on so I'm not too worried about that. Ha ha. Your little girl is going to be so pretty!

Amanda said...

Nice choices! Don't worry though. Once that box gets to you, you'll have PLENTY of pink to go around. Clara has shared generously. :)

Beth said...

I am not opposed to pink but I tend to gravitate toward non-pink stuff when I've got the choice. I never liked it as a little girl, either!