Monday, April 7, 2014

A New Game

I left the kids alone this morning long enough to get dressed and when I came out I discovered that they had created a new game. They called it "Moving."

The purpose of the game is to move everything out of one room (Phoebe's, in this case) and into another (the boys') as quickly as possible.

Phoebe's room as I found it this morning.

And here's the other side of the room. They were pleased with their accomplishment, can you tell?

The boys' room with all of Phoebe's stuff in it.

I made some funny trying-to-stay-calm-and-not freak-out sounds when I saw the game, then I told them it was time to move her stuff back into her room. To my surprise, they happily played my version of the game; I call it "Unpacking." They were done with the whole thing by 10 o'clock this morning.

Phoebe's room after they put it back together.

Add trips to the library, the park, and the backyard for a picnic and day one of spring break has been exciting, no?

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your sweet kids are so smart. The idea of inventing games is wonderful. My high school kids often couldn't find out how to string up a volleyball net. We had a high and low places on the pole and they would fasten one end high and the other end low and be unable to see what was wrong.