Tuesday, April 1, 2014

da Vinci

Phoebe spent the late afternoon drawing pictures of our whole family. She carefully showed me who was who, and at one point had them all strategically laid out on the floor in "a puzzle." I took pictures of everything, but I'll only share my two favorites.

This is Bryan.


Phoebe told me that he has a grumpy face in this picture. And at first he was bald, then she added what she called "his handsome hair." Well, she's right Bryan does have handsome hair.

This is Sophie.


Sophie does have a lot of hair, though perhaps not quite this much. Each picture had more detail than the last. This was the final in the series that Phoebe did today. One thing that stood out to me was that she drew it upside down. I'm not sure if it was for my benefit as an audience member of if that's just how she wanted to draw.


We go through A LOT of paper, but I'm glad the kids all love to draw.

2 comments:

Marc R. said...

What an artist. Did you notice that the picture of Sophie looks like something that Dr. Seuss might have done. And this at age three.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Good work Phoebe.I knew a lady that wrote upside down and backwards. She was brilliant. As a child she won a writing contest, but was denied the prize when they saw how she wrote.