Monday, November 7, 2016

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Saturday was unseasonably warm at a toasty 65 degrees, so we took my Grandma into Philadelphia for an adventure. We started our tourist jaunt at Benjamin Franklin's grave. Who should we find outside the gate? Why, the inventor of the bifocal himself. He told everyone that he broke out of the grave that morning.

Spooky.


Grandma and the kids got a picture with George Washington's life-size cutout.


We made sure to get one of Grandma on her own with our first president.


The kids don't really know who Rocky is, but they still wanted a picture with him.


We watched a short informational movie about political strife and the division in loyalties at the time of the Revolutionary War. The highlight was that a young Kristen Bell played one of the main characters. The kids thought it was awesome that Princess Anna was in the movie.


Grandma and I were there too.


Then we went to wait in line for the Liberty Bell. The wait was short, but Phoebe still complained that her legs were too tired. Peter, being the good older brother that he is, carried her like a backpack for a short time.


Look! We saw the Liberty Bell! In person! Not through a window!


Another individual shot of Grandma.


On our way to the parking garage, we strolled by Independence Hall. Yes, this is the best picture I have of all of us.


I love that we live by so much history. And I love that my Grandma is here to motivate us to go take advantage of all those awesome sites.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love, love, love your adventures and who better to share them with than Grandma Bonnie? The kids will remember these fun outings which will become part of their personal history. Glad you are documenting them so they can share them with future generations.
p.s. Peter-you are an awesome big brother!

Shari said...

hehehhe...sorry Kate-Your google account was signed in on the computer and I forgot to sign you out. That last comment was actually from Nana Shari. Love you guys!

Shari said...

hehehhe...sorry Kate-Your google account was signed in on the computer and I forgot to sign you out. That last comment was actually from Nana Shari. Love you guys!