For your reading pleasure, here's the talk she gave:
The Great Plan of Happiness
Last week Claire and Deanne gave talks about the Plan of Salvation. The Plan of Salvation is when Heavenly Father gathered us all together in Heaven before anyone was born and said he had a plan. He said he would send us to earth to have bodies, live in families, and learn things. Jesus would come and take our sins upon Him so that we could repent and return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again.
Did you know that the Plan of Salvation is also called the Plan of Happiness? But why?
When we are obedient to Heavenly Father’s commandments, we are happy. We will have the Holy Ghost with us and He gives us peace and comfort. When we choose the right, we are often kept out of dangerous situations, and that makes us happier. Because of the plan, we can live with our families forever. And that makes me happy.
The Primary Song I Will Follow God’s Plan says:
My life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav’n it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God’s light to direct me from birth.
I will follow God’s plan for me,
Holding fast to his word and his love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in his way.
Then I will be happy on earth
And in my home above.
I know that we will be happier by following this plan. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1 comment:
Great talk Phoebe!
Post a Comment