Friday, December 19, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

Idyllic Christmas scene

For the many people the ideal Christmas consists of the following:
  • Cold weather
  • Family
  • Snow
  • A delectable feast
  • A Winter Wonderland
  • Christmas carols
  • Blizzard-like conditions
  • Presents
  • Frostbite setting in from trekking into the frigid air to buy said presents
  • A jolly fat man in a red suit
  • Did I mention snow?
I, however, am dreaming of a warm Christmas. You know, the kind where if you get a trampoline on Christmas morning, you can spend Christmas day using it in the backyard. This is the kind of warm holiday I had growing up and boy do I miss it.

My hometown.

We had been planning to go to Southern California for Christmas, but due to a number of circumstances, including the weather deciding to dump snow on Las Vegas (a sign of the Apocalypse, no?), we are staying in Utah. I'm trying not to be too sad about it. After all, I get to have a Norman Rockwell, picture perfect, snowy white Christmas. Lots of people, including my sister-in-law, would love this. But me? I'd like to wear flip-flops on the 25th.

No comments: