Monday, December 8, 2008

Gifts From the Previous Tenants

The Saturday before we moved into our new apartment Bryan and I came and cleaned. The kitchen was pretty dirty, so that got the most attention. Next came the bathrooms. We vacuumed, changed light bulbs, and swept. The one thing that didn't get done was mopping the floors. Oh well, I thought, that can wait a little bit.

But then it was hard to find the floor to mop underneath all the boxes. After almost two weeks we finally uncovered the floor enough to mop it. I have one thing to say to all of the people that walked on my floor before it was mopped: I'm so very sorry. The floor was, well, filthy. It's a dark, stone-looking linoleum, so I couldn't really tell just how gross it was. It took me an hour and a half to mop the kitchen (which I had actually done the night before Thanksgiving), the dining room (the biggest offender), and both bathrooms. I was ready to drop by the time I finished. It was worth it though. The floors are so nice now. Our feet don't stick to them at all. Nice, eh?

On a side note, we found out that a number of single guys lived here before us, which kind of explains the less than sanitary state of the house. It does not explain however the lacy magenta thong Bryan found in the top of our closet. (Shudder) I made him wash his hands after he threw them away. So gross.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so laughing out loud right now, so when I say LOL, I really mean it! :p

Cristin said...

What - you didn't want to keep it for yourself?!