I'm picky. I always have been. I think I may be the pickiest eater of all the kids in my family. In my defense, my dad is quite the experimental chef. His creations were either incredible or inedible. I think the pickiness was a form of self-preservation.
I was told my freshman year of college that I was too picky about guys. Someone asked me what was on my "list". You know, that list of qualities that almost every girl has in mind for her future husband to have. My mom's list had three things: he had to be older, taller, and a spiritual giant. Check, check, and check. My list was considerably longer. I had the spiritual giant thing on my list too, but I also wanted him to be able to sing with me and have intellectual conversations with me and make me laugh, and basically adore me. After rattling off my list one night my friend told me that I would never find someone with all of those characteristics and that I should lower my expectations. I ignored her. Enter Bryan two years later. Guess who met every item on my list? That's right, he did.
The picky problem reared it's head again today. I need clothes. I mean, I really need clothes. I don't need to be cutting edge in my fashion choices, I just don't want to look like a bag lady. I finally got some jeans last week that fit, (pregnancy does weird things to your shape, but that's a subject for another post) but I still need some shirts and a few new skirts. We had some gift cards so Bryan, Peter, Cooper, and I spent five hours at the mall today looking through store after store. After all that I came home with one skirt. That's all. I was just too picky to buy anything else.
Of course, being picky does have it's perks. Mostly the awesome husband part.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No fun. I mean the not finding clothes you like part. Happens to me all of the time. I have to have clothes that will last a long time, be casual or dress, cover everything without a lot of tugging or holding, and be a reasonable price. Thus, I don't buy clothes very often. I have found that I really like downeast basic shirts. They can be casual or dressy depending on what you wear with them, they fit and they don't wear out easily. There is a store not far from my house if you are interested.
Good job, on the picky about a husband part. It really pays off when you focus on what you want instead of settling for something else. You two are great together!
Oh honey, you're not alone in your pickiness. Dug calls me fussy, picky, particular, you name it. But he loves me, anyway. And I, too, had a long list, and didn't settle. It took me a bit longer to find someone that fit the bill, but you know what? I'm happy. Can those who settled truly say that? Maybe... but probably not.
Oh, and I second the comment made above about Downeast Basic tees... they are amazing. I just so happen to be wearing one right now!
Post a Comment