Here's Bryan hard at work. I did all the seed scooping and he did all the carving, a nice arrangement since I don't mind the slimy innards and he doesn't mind wielding a knife.

Our pumpkin friends on Saturday night:

Last night during dinner Bryan said something about the jack-o-lanterns, to which Peter said, "They're not jack-o-lanterns anymore. Mom cut their faces off."
Yes, yes I did. Our pumpkin friends today:

Last night during dinner Bryan said something about the jack-o-lanterns, to which Peter said, "They're not jack-o-lanterns anymore. Mom cut their faces off."
Yes, yes I did. Our pumpkin friends today:
6 comments:
I was discussing actually using the pumpkins to make pumpkin pie or soup and someone told me that the effort wasn't worth it. You made it look easy in the picture though.
The hardest part was the hour it took me to chop up the two pumpkins and arrange them on all four of the cookie sheets we own. After that it was just taking one pan of pumpkin out after two hours of baking and putting the next pan in. I guess I spent about thirty minutes peeling the skins off when they were all done cooking, but blending them up was simple because we have an industrial strength blender.
I just can't stand to throw all that food away, so for me it's worth a little labor.
And I really love pumpkin.
I love fall because it gives me a good reason to make pumpkin bread. I looove pumpkin bread. Once I have this kitchen unpacked and organized, it's one of the first things on my to-make list. :)
I did exactly that yesterday! I was going to blog about it today, but now it's going to look like I am just copy-catting you. I had an easier time chopping and roasting my pumpkin- I cooked 2 batches, about 40 minutes each at 350 degrees. I covered them with aluminum foil until they cooled, which made the skins a breeze to peel off. Pumpkin bread, here I come!
I Love my boys!
Post a Comment