Tuesday, July 6, 2010

500

This is my five-hundredth post. That boggles my mind. Five hundred. Have I really put that many thoughts done for others to read? Apparently.

I sometimes wonder if this blog is the best use of my time. I mean, almost every night I have to set aside thirty to sixty minutes to write. That's time that could be spent reading, cleaning, house hunting, packing, or even better, spending time with Bryan.

But then I look back at past posts. There are so many things I would have forgotten if I hadn't put them on here. Things the boys said and did, my own random thoughts. In a way, this is the best journal I've kept in a long time.

3 comments:

Shari said...

happy 500th and I hope to see 500 more! Are you up to it? Many of us look forward to reading it each morning.

Beth said...

I can understand the feeling. I get this vibe from some people that they think blogging is a waste of time .. but there are so many instances where I look back and read and am so glad I took the time to write (and, like you, my blog is a better journal than I've ever kept before -- writing for an audience will do that).

I say a clean house lasts a day (less with kids) -- a memory recorded can last more a lifetime (more than a lifetime!). I don't hold myself to writing every day, so I admire you for doing that, but definitely take the time to write!

Crystal said...

I love your blog! It helps to shorten the miles between us. I especially enjoy the conversations between you and Peter. They always make me smile.
=)