Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ghost Writer

Have you ever written something fabulous and then sat there, pondering about what famous author's style you most take after? Well my friends, you are in luck. Bryan sent me the link to I Write Like, a delightful website that analyzes your writing and tells you whose style yours most resembles.

I entered three recent posts and found out my style is most like Vladimir Nabokov, Stephen King, and Ian Fleming. Huh, I would not have guessed that. I've never read any of these authors, so at least I can rest assured knowing I'm not plagiarizing anything. Also, does that mean my daily adventures with the boys are reminiscent of an intense horror novel? Or a thrilling spy adventure? I like to think we're more Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang than Carrie.

I also analyzed my brother Isaac's work (hello James Joyce), my sister Paige's work (here's looking at you Kurt Vonnegut), my Grandma (Dan Brown; perhaps she could be a best-seller too), and Bryan (while he does enjoy science-fiction, I've never read anything he wrote that resembles an Arthur C. Clarke story, but maybe I'm not familiar enough with Sir Arthur's work).

I'm curious, who do you write like?

5 comments:

Crystal said...

David Foster Wallace and Stephen King

Beth said...

I got Vladimir Nabokov, too (whoever that is). And then I got David Foster Wallace three times. Haven't heard of him, either.

Katie said...

Hello Margot! Apparently I write like J. K. Rowling and Stephen King. is there a fantasy-horror genre?

TheMoncurs said...

William Gibson (?) and Stephen King.

Who knew?

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

cory doctorow.


??????