Tonight we took the Young Men and Young Women to BYU for a really cool chemistry show. Peter and Cooper would have loved it. Well, Peter would have loved everything but the loud explosions and the fire, but Cooper would have loved all of it.
We had some seat belt issues in my car, so we left a little later than everyone else. In order to catch up I told the four girls that I had driven to keep up with me as we booked it across campus. I'm a fast walker, but I didn't realize I was so fast that four healthy teenage girls couldn't keep pace with me. One of them had to jog so she didn't lag behind.
I also didn't realize (until the show was over) that I'd put my body through more exercise than it's seen this winter. When I stood and tried to walk down the stairs to leave, my legs sent quite a protest to my brain. Now, more than three hours later, they're still mad.
It is nice to know I can still walk across BYU like a student who doesn't want to be late for class. Now if only my fast walking could help me be on-time to everything else in my life.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment