Another Primary program has come and gone. Both boys had their lines memorized, though Cooper didn't get a chance to show that since his line was fed to him without his asking. He still did a good job. Peter was the only member of his class that didn't read his line. He looked out at the congregation and said it clearly. That made this theatre mom happy. And if anyone has read about past public speaking, then you know this is major progress from our Peterman.
We couldn't see much of Cooper during the musical numbers since his class was on the floor in front of the stand and we were too far back. Occasionally a woman sitting in front of us would shift slightly and we would glimpse him. I can verify from the few Cooper-sightings I got that a necktie is quite a source of amusement as it's good for both flipping and chewing. Peter was on the stand and thus visible. He did a great job and sang all of the songs and didn't do anything remotely squirrely.
Phoebe was kind of sad that she didn't get to be up with the boys. At the same time though, I think she enjoyed sitting with both mom and dad all by herself.
As a "good job!" treat, the Primary Presidency made cookies for all the kids. I got a call a few days before explaining that they were all worried that their kitchens had traces of peanut butter and would I be willing to make cookies for Peter? And while I was at it would I make cookies for nine other children as well. They needed to be snicker-doodles (for uniformity sake) and I said sure. I thought about it throughout the week and kept reminding myself to bake them on Saturday.
And then I forgot.
I remembered at just after midnight the morning of the program.
Amazingly I was able to get up early enough to shower, make cookies, and (with Bryan's help) still get us to church on time. And we even remembered to take the cookies to church. Yes, I'm rather astounded myself.
The boys' parts were the most important today, but I'm pleased that my assignment was completed as well.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment