At the top of the stairs, waiting to come down and open presents.
Speaking of meals, Bryan flew solo for most of the food prep this year. I was otherwise occupied taking care of our smallest family member. Christmas dinner was delicious.
Our lovely Christmas dinner.
The only item that I was really responsible for was the pumpkin pie. As I was opening the pumpkin pie spice to add it to the batter, the bottle slipped from my hand, flipped through the air, and landed on its side in the bowl of already measured ingredients. I have no idea how much went in. I had a moment of shock, then dismay, then the realization that there wasn't much I could do other than throw it out or keep going.
I kept going.
It's the best pie I've ever made.
The big news to come out of Christmas dinner (and the whole day) is that while he was chewing, Cooper lost his first tooth.
Cooper, sans tooth.
Bryan discovered it as Cooper was talking. What did we fail to find? The tooth. We think he swallowed it. Also, Bryan told Cooper that he was pretty sure the Tooth Fairy doesn't work during Christmas break. With no tooth to go under a pillow and a delay for the break, I hope the Tooth Fairy remembers to come.
This is what she did while we opened presents, and ate dinner, and even while I took a Christmas nap. It was lovely.




No comments:
Post a Comment