I helmed our ward playgroup Halloween party yesterday. We played games, read Halloween books, ate food, danced to fun music, wore silly costumes. A good time was had by all.
Afterward, while we were cleaning up, one of the smaller kids climbed onto a big chair and unintentionally tipped it backward, thereby pinching her fingers between the chair and the wall. The handful of adults in the room heard her cry of pain and I, as the closest, went sprinting toward her.
This is what went through my mind as I ran. Run, run, ru- STOP! I'm not allowed to run! And then I hopped the rest of the way. I still made it to her first and pulled her fingers out of harm's way. After some comforting from her mom, she was fine.
My foot, however, was not so fine.
I came home and put the boot back on and I've tried to take it easy, but my foot does not feel great. It doesn't hurt as much as when I initially injured it, but it's also not feeling as healthy as it has been recently.
I'm hoping that this is a temporary pain and that I can get back to healing. I'll have to see how it feels throughout today.
On the bright side, my instinct to rescue a child appears to override my concern for myself. I've been so careful not to run since hurting myself, and this is the only time in the last month and a half that I've totally forgotten about it.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you recover quickly.
Post a Comment